Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2nd....Monday

I'll keep it short and sweet as I'm turning in for the night a bit early.
A note to say I went to the doc today for gastritis...I think it's nerves...and he put the leeches to work to see if any nasties are growing in my stomach. Other than a stomach ache for the past five months, I feel pretty good. Doc will let me know asap if antibiotics would be of help. Regardless...we're heading out Friday morning for Astoria. There's a race meeting Friday afternoon at 3:30 in Astoria  and I'll be picking up my satellite "Spot Tracker" then.

Started narrowing down my clothing choices with a postal scale at my side. First round...9lbs of clothes! That just isn't going to work. No way.  Second round? Got it narrowed down to roughly 5lbs but had to leave out some cold weather clothing. I've got to have my cold weather gear, though.
Looking at my maps and studying the course profiles, I don't climb above 5200', IIRC, until after  nearly riding a 1000 miles which places me just east of Missoula, MT. A thousand miles to Missoula is crazy! Back in '02, it was only 550 miles with the route Michael Wolfe and I chose. I guess there's something to be said  for plate tectonics these days ;)
Anyway, the plan now is to ship my warm weather clothes to Missoula care of General Delivery. I'll pick them up on my way thru town in preparation for West Yellowstone and into the high cold passes of the Rockies. Tomorrow, Carol and i will sit down and start packing boxes to ship here and there.

Btw...to illustrate how much I hate being cold...a big wuss in other words... I'm laying on the living room floor typing this in summer shorts covered by workout pants, socks, wool sweater, wind/waterproof jacket, and a thick Himalayan-style  stocking cap and...I'm still cold. Living room temp? 75F! Yeah, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment