Monday, June 2, 2014

June 1st...five days and counting



i'm using my personal secretary, Siri, to take notes on my posting today as I attempted yesterday. it's much better than typing and will be my preferred method once I'm on the race.

Yesterday I ended up fiddling with the bike and made some new adapters for the fairing. I'm hoping  my new carbon fiber ferry arrives today but I'm prepared to go with what I have at the currently.

One of the issues that has been plaguing me for the past six months has been stomach aches and stomach pain. in the past I've had problems with my stomach and in that particular case it was stress related as far as I can determine. at that time the doctors ran every test they could including sticking a scope down my throat and thank God I was unconscious at the time. I have an appointment today with my general practitioner to see if he has any kind of a quick fix or suggestion to help me deal with this throughout the race.

I got in a quick 23 mile ride yesterday and I'm glad I did it because I found out that my new expensive back saver foam I was using for the seat foam would not be satisfactory for the trip. I switched out that seat for my Kool Back seat with the mesh back and, though it is heavier,  I will plan to race with that as comfort is paramount to keep me going.

I'll have more to report tonight as I am hoping the fairing arrival as well as my body sock. Otherwise, I will stay with what I have, make a quick phone call to overnight body sock from a good friend, and go from there. as I mentioned in a previous post, a film crew will be following us... not me since I'll probably be off back going over the Rockies, but nonetheless, a film crew will be following the race. I posted a link about the film below. Enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck John! I'll be cheering you on from California.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that two from California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greg and Randy...A big shoutout and thanks for your support and encouragement throughout the months of preparation. Finally...it's about time to go riding!

    ReplyDelete