Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5th...final preparation

It's been a busy day. My Patriotic body sock came in today as well as some misc. electronic plugs, etc
It bike out a spin down Riverside Drive and have a few thoughts...

1. Bike is fast enough w/o wearing my aero helmet.
2. Final bike weight, without food/water comes in right at 52lbs.
3. Decided to take two chargers and both lithium batteries though there's a weight penalty in there.
4. I'll count on getting a good night's sleep tomorrow night and not tonight.

Note: Some of my postings the past four months have refered to on-going stomach pains that never   seem to go away. I kind of wrote it off as just stress going to my stomach. Fatigue and slight sore throat have plagued me along with the stomach pains?

Well, this past Monday I went in again to see the doctor and they ran some test. Tonight, the Dr. left a voice mail at 5pm...didn't retreive it untill 8:45pm...and said I had   H. Pylori bacterial infection in my stomach. It's an extremely stubborn to get rid of and requires a cocktail assortment of drugs...PrevPac to knock it. The good news...we've identified the problem.
The bad news...there isn't a pharmacy in the valley that had it in stock. Also, the price? In the neighborhood of $200-400. What willl probably happen is Carol will have to drop ship it to me. We think Hamilton, Montana, will be the spot.

Here's a few pics of the bike. It's coming together.




After the pic was taken below I modified the entire luggage section of the bike.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! Looks great John. Really excited for you. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, Rocketman! I'm semi-familiar with H Pylori. Make sure you take all your drugs for it - it can be pretty serious, especially if it goes untreated.

    Make sure you get lots of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Rocketman.....You can do this!!! Here's crossing my finners that the stomach ailment is cured. Been following you since Saturday morning. Great progress. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete