Friday, April 11, 2014

April 10th...Wednesday


Took the day off from training and filled out my state/federal taxes instead. Should of gone cycling ;)
Also, mowed the lawns...about a 1/2 acre. 
Back to cycling. I'm writing this early Thursday afternoon battling a bit of fatigue. I felt energized yesterday but my wife, Carol, reminded me that it usually takes about two days for the fatigue to catch up to me. Anyway, I'm not sure about that but will press on nonetheless.

A few items keeping my mind busy:
I need to purchase a new 700c disc/brake rear wheel for the race. Discovered...dah...that my GR is set up for a rear disc. Since I have the BB7 and levers I might as well go in that direction. Come to think about it, I think I mentioned that in a post several days ago.
Also need to think about:
Which front wheel to run. My Aerospoke?
Coroplast rear fairing and front storage unit
Fenders?
Front rotator fairing lay up and mounts
Minimal clothing
Minimal tools
An ultra-light tent/bevy bag setup
lights...probably Magic shine knockoffs
Tires? 
Rear: Probably the new Conti 4000s VII(28mm) w/folding 28mm Durano as a spare
Front: Ultremo 451mm w/current 451 Durano as spare?


Health wise? Ok Still nagged by more or less stomach pains all the time but it's probably just nerves that will settle out once the race begins.

On another note: 

Peter Heal, long time ultra-racer and world record holder for racing across/around Australia,has had to withdraw from the TransAm race for personal reasons. We all wish him the best in his future racing endeavors along with God's speed and safety on whichever continent he's racing on.

Unless I'm mistaken, yours truly is the only recumbent rider in the field of 100 international racers.
However, Harald Mickelburg out of Germany, will be running a velomobile. That will be most interesting and fun to follow no doubt. We wish him well.

That's it. Planning a short ride tomorrow(Thursday) and then a long one on Saturday.
Cheers




This is the look I'm after but with a "DiscJacket" on the rear.


No comments:

Post a Comment