Saturday, April 12, 2014

April12th...Saturday...65 road miles w/some good climbing.

      Skipped yesterdays ride...two days in a row now....knowing today would be hard. It was at times.
A total of 65.5 miles in the foothills south of Philomath, OR. I count seven climbs where I was punching it pretty hard though the climbs were short running between one to ten minutes each. 
      On the short climbs, and I was riding my myself, I went full-bore totally anaerobic and continued on from the top of each climb, in most cases, without resting, etc. Just pushed on thru the pain.
      On one particular longer climb, I was motivated to push it hard as  I had just passed a rather fit looking lycra clad "twenty something"  young women just ready to launch up the climb behind me. As I went past her at the intersection, I noticed she had a nice looking road bike. The type with a seat post that looks like a wing. And weighs 15lbs. Anyway, she started about a hundred yards behind me and in the first five minutes I lost sight of her in my mirror. I was riding at 148hr which is close to my FTP. I made good time up the climb and felt satisfied with my effort. I'm encouraged. On the downward path, I could only hit 52mph w/Aerojacket and front Aerospoke wheel. I guess I shouldn't complain.

This week?
I've ridden four days for a total of 230 miles. Most of the days this week had some degree of wind. With a stiff crosswind all four days, and today was no exception, I was comfortably cruising along today at 23mph with moderate hr on good pavement. I did the first 55 miles today on 2/3 a water bottle w/Cytomax and felt great. I did stop for coffee and a giant peanut butter cookie at mile 55.
I finally feel like I'm getting into road worthy shape. Finally. The question is, how will I feel tomorrow? Will I have recovered? Hope so;)
Came home and hit the hot tub. Had a protein/maltodextrin shake w/Mango sorbet. Tasty and nutritional.
Cheers,
rocketman
      

No comments:

Post a Comment