Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8th...Tuesday. Am I senile? Doctor says yes. Read below for details.q


Another ride up and over DeckerRidge today. Had a stomach ache for most of the day so had to sweet talk myself into going for a ride. Same route as yesterday...48 miles...with a fair amount of wind this time. Discovered that my handlebar setup is very uncomfortable. Right now, the body part that hurts the most when riding is my right wrist. That...I can fix.

I tried something a little different on today's ride in that I really kept the pace down and did very little speed work. On my "Go to" coastdown hill where I hit 52mph pedaling like crazy yesterday? Well today, being lazy, I hit 48mph coasting w/o pedaling. During the race, if it looks like I can coast over 35mph I'll do just that. Coast and conserve my energy.

Also, went to the skin doctor today with a spot on my hand that looked suspeciously like melonoma.
Thank God it wasn't. Are you ready for this? This particulara type of spot is called "senile bruising". Don't ask!
I'm thankful it wasn't serious or anything to worry about.

Only meaningful stat today is I think my 110-115 HR cruising/race speed, in a perfect world with good pavement and no wind, will be in the 21.5-22mph range. That's good as my climbing speed, especially with all my gear, will be toward the bottom of the spectrum especially if I limit myself to a 125 HR for the climbs.

Only meaningful data to keep track of was today's ride was a hilly and windy 48 miles run at a modest heart rate. No average speed as I messed up the computer mid ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment