Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 12th, 13th....Monday Tuesday. 110 miles total.

Not much to report other than an 88 miler at race pace...easy does it... with wind and hills yesterday(Monday). My elecrolytes were way up but my speed was way down. Purchased and used a bottle of Extreme Endurolytes and they seemed to help out my effort in yesterday's modest pace.
Like I said, geared way down and didn't push any of the climbs like I normally would if I was out with the Saturday morning fast guys. My fast guy average speed would be knocking on the door of 20mph average. Yesterday's was 17.2 avg. 
Changes to the bike? No rear disc, heavier rear wheel/tire, rack, panniers, etc. but still only 41lbs rolling out the door. It was rather warm as well. Here's the problem I'm having: I don't do well eating on the bike. I frequently have stomach aches and hence am not into eating and that goes, generally speaking, off the hike as well.
Example: Had a large breakfast around 10am. Hit the road around 12:30pm for the five hour ride.
My total food consumed? 

1/3 cup assorted nuts at most
one 6oz can tomato juice
one small Reser's bean burrito...Maybe 200cal. Very small and plain.
32oz Cytomax
Nearly a quart of water
4-5 Endurolytes
For nearly a century ride...it hardly seems like enough. Not sure what to do at this point diet wise though Carol is picking up a box of Payday candy bars for me to try on tomorrow's ride.

Then there's today. An easy 22 miles tommeet "Startle" for coffee at Starbuck's today. Took it easy.

Total for Monday/Tuesday:
110 miles at around a17-18mph avg.


No comments:

Post a Comment