Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 3rd...Saturday

A spirited workout with the club today across the valley floor into an intense head wind. I got a great work out because I stayed off the back of the pack...no drafting...while the rest of the riders ran a paceline into the 20mph head wind. Stopped at the Mennonite Bakery out on Peoria Road and I refueled with two small maple bars. Tasty!
Headed back my myself w/the nice tailwind and saw cruising speeds typically between 28-32mph.
Unfortunately, the way my bike is setup w/tailsock, etc...it doesn't get as much "push" from the wind as the upright bikes do. 
The average speed is low but misleading as the first 32 miles involved slow in-town riding with 14 miles of that directly into the wind. At the turnaround, my avg speed was something like 17.8mph with the final 14 mile down wind run bringing it up to 20.0 mph
Like I said, I felt strong on the bike today and got in some good interval training runs on the way home.


Stats:
Distance: 46  miles
Time: 2:18:00
Avg: 20:00mph

No comments:

Post a Comment