Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20th....a quick post

Have riding with intensity the past week...40-60 miles in the hills and pushing the flats  in some cases.
Feels good to be training for 'power' and feel my leg strength quickly renewing. 
Have been experimenting with different bike foods, race strategies, efficiency on the bike, studying my maps every night, planning out overnight stops, restaurants, mini marts, campgrounds...not super detailed but am now getting into this part of the planning stage.
Will take a hard look at getting an iPhone today.

Noteworthy: 
I crashed Sunday afternoon. Was riding only 15mph or so on the bike path when the front tube blew out thru the side wall of my Durano. Was in a slight turn and immediately was down and sliding for 10-15 feet. Had just a few nicks...nothing serious.
What I learned: Check bike pad alignment before every ride. Have tire boot material handy. I didn't.
Realize that losing a front blow out could be a dnf or worse depending on circumstances. 

Guard, check, and recheck tires before every ride.
Btw...I was on my way out to the course to check my DH speed when I decided to turn back early and cancel the test. It of saved my life. Thank you Jesus.


Other than that...all's OK and on track to make the start Lord willing.

Btw...this is not my final configuration. 
Coming:
New carbon fiber double bubble fairing
New Patriotic sock
Possibly running disc in rear.
New aero helmet to try

1 comment:

  1. Well brother-in-love, that is why we pray!!! Thank You, LORD for your protection. Thanks for sending the blog info!! we will be excited to follow you. We love you! Donna (&David)

    ReplyDelete