Saturday, March 1, 2014

February 27th...Thursday

      Had good news from the doctor yesterday regarding my shoulder. Said I'm healing up nicely. That I can throw the sling away. All good. Only bummer is I have to wait another month before I hit the road w/bent. Of course I could cheat and he'd never be the wiser but I'm likely not to. Figure that with three separate surgeries on my right shoulder alone, I've got $40K tied up in there.

      The pain level isn't great but I definitely have reduced mobility w/arm which could be a huge problem if I fell over even while sitting on the bike. The other issue I'm dealing with is the tapering  off my pain meds. Do it too quickly and it becomes very uncomfortable. It'll be good to have all of that behind me.

Obviously I'm late here in the posting department. It's a good thing I jot down my ride stats at the end of each  session as the electronic display on the trainer turns off after 5min.

BTW...here's a training clip i use quite often. Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/haGuMkHaJhY


Warm-Up:
20 min. w/last 10min@200 watts
HR 110

5min@200
5min@245
5min@280
5min@175
then...
3X3min intervals...3min on/2min off
1st.....350W for the full 3min.
2nd....350W for 90 secs
          200W for 90secs
3rd.....325W for 2min.
          200W for 1min.

I was hoping for the full 3min intervals at 350W but it didn't happen.
They were a bit on the painful side and definitely got me into some heavy breathing territory.
With fresh legs and a good mind set, I think I'm good for a pull of 350W for five min. It's not great but it's where I am at this point early in my training.

Cool Down:
20 min@160W
HR 100-60 in one min.

Stats:
Total time: 1:10:00
Distance: 23.65 miles
Calories: 971









No comments:

Post a Comment