Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24th...Monday

Out to Harrisburg and back for a total of 48 flat miles. Rough chip seal was a real drag to ride on. There was little if any wind.
Tried to keep heartrate at race pace around 112-115 just to see what my speed would look like. Speed was only 17-18mph at that HR. Out of the 48 miles, about a total of 12 was smooth pavement where my speed jumped up a real 2mph to 19-20mph due to good pavement.
On the way outbound, had a rear flat tire. On the way inbound, had another rear flat. I'd just as soon put this ride behind me.
It's going to be interesting to see how my body absorbs the exercise I've been throwing at it. So far...I'm not impressed. I'm also anxious to get my race bike back together and am waiting on a stem from Easy Racers to finish off the bike. It think it suits my body better than the Carbent. Time will tell.
I head off to the foot docotor tomorrow to see about some help/ideas with hot foot, which has been another concern.

The Stats:
48 miles
17.6 mph avg speed
Heart-Rate: 113 avg.

No comments:

Post a Comment