Monday, March 10, 2014

March10th...Monday


This is my last rest/recovery day for awhile. Tomorrow I'll be jumping back into week five of my intensity training after a much needed week off. Additionally, it looks like we've got some decent weather blowing in later this week which will find me out on the Carbent for the first time.

In a related note, I finished stripping and polishing my Gold Rush frameset and will be refitting it with a performance drive train and composite faring/sock combination. Anxious to spend some time w/this setup before too long as it just might end up being my race bike for a number of reasons.

On a personal note, have started PT on my shoulder and so far it's going well.
Here's a few misc. pics...





My wife, Carol, and I last summer. 
She looks so much better, though a bit slower, on a bike than her brother... Ron Skarin.

Be sure to check out:
http://www.usbhof.org/inductee-by-year/101-ron-skarin




And here's a couple young brothers on their daily walk for water. I think Tim, our son, was able to speak a little Kinyarwanda with the elder boy. My vocabulary, shall we say, was a bit weak in the native tongue. Moments like these can be life changing if you let them. How easy it is to return back home and forget about the daily Rwandan hardships such as this. May God bless the little children...

No comments:

Post a Comment