Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5th...Wednesday

In keeping with this week as a recovery week...one week ahead of schedule...I had an easy ride.
Felt good to be back on the bike with a freshened body. Right foot pain is better and my body was relaxed with legs moving freely. Rode in sandals as I often do when not cranking out watts.

Also, had my first PT appointment today w/the director of the clinic, Michael Gray. He was also my therapist for my neck pain about a year ago. I think it's a good partnership. Anyway, my shoulder pain was more problematic today than usual being quite annoying this evening. But I can live with it even if it doesn't improve much before the race. But it will so no worries.

Another little milestone today was I finished stripping the paint off my GR today. What a job! Next time I'll take the advice of my wife and have it professionally stripped. Next...polishing it out at least to some degree.

I must be getting in a little better cardio shape as my resting pulse is in the 45 BPM range.
Life is good.

Stats:
Time: 53:00
Distance: 17 miles
Calories: 625
Estimated average watts: 170W

Today's totally random picture:
This is a picture of the actual ship I served on board in 1989 when I was a marine biologist in the eastern tropical Pacific.  The "clipper ship" was  based out of San Diego and my job was to serve as a 'marine porpoise observer'.  In fishing mode, we had six high powered chase boats and a helicopter on board. We fished off the Pacific coast of Central America and as far out as 4000 miles. Our best one day fishing? We caught the equivalent weight of a 747 jumbo jet in yellow fin tuna. All 240 tons! I was privileged to see some pretty amazing sights on that one voyage. Lots of old seafaring stories to tell one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment