Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 5

I'm very excited to be signed on officially...don't forget to send me the bill, Jim...with "JV" Jim Verheul as my coach. Yesterday, Jim sent my six week training schedule which should get me to the point where I've transitioned from the indoor trainer to being on the road. I'm pleased with the way he's set up my workouts and noted that it parallels and compliments training sequences I'm familiar with.

The training is all about POWER and power zones. Not heart-rate. I find training for power far more interesting than training by heart-rate.
I might of mentioned in an earlier posting that twelve years ago I rode a 2900 mile TransAm in 23 riding days. The bike/gear rolled out at 95lbs. Way too heavy to make good progress. I used a heart-rate monitor on that trip. For about two days. I learned early on in that ride that perceived exertion supersedes HR at least on endurance events for me.

Wednesdays Ride: A change of plans from Tabata Intervals to a recovery ride per new schedule.
30 min@recovery zone (140w avg.)
HR dropped from 100-60 in
290 calories

 For coaching services, I highly recommend JV or his brother John.
 www.JBVcoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment