Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8th

Today's  emphasis was on speed work alternating every two minutes between 80 & 120 rpm once the 15 min warm-up((180w) was achieved.
120rpm was impossible to achieve tonight w/best rpm being 110. This work-out was definitely out of my comfort zone as my body currently prefers 65-75 rpm. Shorter cranks than my 175mm would help. Perhaps a pair of 165mm's would be ideal for my race and easier on my body.
Total time: 60 min
Calories: 835
After 15m cool down(actually 205 w), HR dropped down from 120-70 within 3m

* I did determine several reasons why higher rpm(approx.120) was impossible to achieve tonight.
1. Fork stand support(resting on the plywood) had the 20# weight roll off which allowed some free play w/stand support and unwanted movement of the stand.
2. X-seam was off 1.5 inches w/resulted in too much reach/free-play body movement.
3. Rode at most w/ one hand on handlebars w/most of the time no hands. Had to wear the sling the whole work-out. Have had some issues with right hand numbness while training.

No comments:

Post a Comment